Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Topo not as sampled

Started by cooljimdog, April 11, 2012, 03:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooljimdog

Hey there,
Etrex 20 Right out of the box.

So I am brand spanking new at this stuff so forgive my ignorance. 

Whenever I load maps onto my basecamp they are not half as detailed as what is shown on the samples.  I just see these topo lines that look they are there to reference elevation ques.  Zoomed way out I see mostly nothing (unless the map has roads) just whiteness.   I downloaded the "my trails" file and all I see is a few dots the loosely resemble the US.  I can zoom in on these does and see what seem to be trails but there is no topo at all.  I have also tried turning my basic map function on and off and this still haven't worked.

I am sure that I am just missing something, but I can't figure it out and I want to punch a kitten.

(I don't really punch kittens but this makes me feel like want to)

Seldom

View>Toolbars>Detail Level>(set to More or Max) should make the Topos look better.

My Trails is a transparent overlay to overlay a topo.  It doesn't have contours of it's own.  Unfortunately BaseCamp doesn't permit overlays to work, but if you load them onto your GPSr you can see both My Trails and  the topo .

maps4gps

Not all maps are created the same, nor are they intended to server the same purpose/users.

It would help us help you if you were specific about which maps you loaded.

GPSr mapsets are designed to display less detail as you zoom out; otherwise they would become a usless blob. 

cooljimdog

Ahhh There we go!

Thanks Maps4gps and Seldom! Yall Rock!

alijutt8

sounds good to me will come back soon and leave further comments