GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

How to install map update into Map Source

Started by Rex, April 14, 2009, 08:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex

Garmin let me download the map update again .. garmin_rmu_cnnant2009_1.exe ... for my Nuvi 5000.  When I ran it before on my PC it also updated the map in Map Source.

When I ran it today on my laptop it did NOT update the map in Map Source which was why I wanted it.

How can I get this map into Map Source now?  I have no idea why it automatically updated it before on the PC.

-Oz-

Was city navigator in mapsource in the first place? 

Is it the exact same one as last time or v2009.1; maybe they removed the functionality.

Did you have mapsource installed before you installed city navigator; that is a crucial step.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Rex

I had done the same installation of Map Source on the laptop as I had done on the PC.  Training center and then Map Source.  The only map it has is the bas map that comes with it ... same way the PC was.

So yes MS was installed and working.  The I ran the update.  It created an image file for the Nuivi, etc and it installed all of the files on the laptop .... but Map Source does not see them.

Rex

Quote from: Rex on April 15, 2009, 05:34:21 AM
I had done the same installation of Map Source on the laptop as I had done on the PC.  Training center and then Map Source.  The only map it has is the bas map that comes with it ... same way the PC was.

So yes MS was installed and working.  The I ran the update.  It created an image file for the Nuivi, etc and it installed all of the files on the laptop .... but Map Source does not see them.
The file you downloaded was an update file. You would need to install your City Navigator software into MapSource before running the update, or there wasn't anything to update. The software checks MapSource to see if there was a City Navigator install, and there wasn't, so it just updated the nüvi and not the MapSource software. I hope this make seance to you.

• 1. You need to have MapSource up and running. Sounds like you did.
  • 2. You need to install your originalCity Navigator into MapSource. Sounds like you didn't.
  • 3. Run the update to update the nüvi and MapSource. Sounds like you did, but having missed step 2 you didn't get the results you were looking for.

Thanks but this was not correct before.  As I said:
I had done the same installation of Map Source on the laptop as I had done on the PC.  Training center and then Map Source.  The only map it has is the bas map that comes with it ... same way the PC was.

I do not understand why it updated/created the map in the SW on the PC but did not do it on the laptop.
That is really the question and what I am seeking.

Rex

Quote from: Rex on April 15, 2009, 09:07:37 AM
Thanks but this was not correct before.  As I said:

I do not understand why it updated/created the map in the SW on the PC but did not do it on the laptop.
That is really the question and what I am seeking.

Then i would recommend you check with Garmin, they made and provided the update.

I did not know that ... I thought DeLorme made it ...LOL.