GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Undocumented feature of cgpsmapper personal?

Started by Seldom, April 27, 2012, 03:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seldom

Saw this at the end of my compile:

Successfully imported: 4 not imported: 0
****  END   ****
62 regions to import... done
31 regions to import... done

Size optimization in progress
Biggest internal file: 21313948

Detected          : Storage GPS
Available memory  : 2 GB
Max number of maps: 99999
Final map size    : 20 MB
Maps uploaded!
37001130.img is created.
Done!
File :37001130.img is ready to use
Execution time: 438.61 s

The
QuoteDetected          : Storage GPS
Final map size    : 20 MB
Maps uploaded!
is totally new to me.  My nuvi 1490 (2gb) was connected and then disconnected  hours ago.  Could this have something to do with the MapInstall, or Lifetime Map Updater I updated yesterday?  I'm pretty sure nothing was uploaded because nothing was connected, and the files were saved where I expected them.

SmugWimp

I use the pro routable version, but get the same thing. I wouldn't worry about it; I probably should have noticed it before, but I haven't, and things just hum along as they have for the last 8 months of use...

Detected          : Storage GPS
Final map size    : 941 kB
Maps uploaded!
00000000.img is created.
Done!
File :00000000.img is ready to use
Execution time: 38.31 s
In a nutshell, I get claustrophobic.

Seldom

Smugwimp, did you have a GPSr with 2GB of storage connected?  Do you own one?

SmugWimp

Quote from: Seldom on May 02, 2012, 10:06:10 PM

Actually no. I plan on getting a handheld but for the moment I only own Nuvi's, Quests, and a couple of other units, all automotive.

That said, I've loaded my maps on a few of my friends handhelds to see if they would work and so far so good...

SmugWimp

Keeping in mind that the maps I have created for our region (Guam, Saipan, and the CNMI) with all roads, POI's, and everything else I've put in there only totals about 5MB max...  Internal storage size of the unit itself isn't much of a concern for me.

Seldom

Quote from: SmugWimp on May 03, 2012, 01:36:07 AM
Quote from: Seldom on May 02, 2012, 10:06:10 PM

Actually no. I plan on getting a handheld but for the moment I only own Nuvi's, Quests, and a couple of other units, all automotive.

That said, I've loaded my maps on a few of my friends handhelds to see if they would work and so far so good...

Actually it sounds like one of your Nuvis might be what I'm talking about.  I didn't see this message until I had connected (and disconnected) my Nuvi 1490LMT. Which has 2GB storage.  I also have the Lifetime Maps updater installed.

Just tried a  batch map compile after a fresh boot without the Nuvi connected.  "Storage GPS" message still shows up.  Must be something about the map updater.