GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

installing maps help needed

Started by catrox75, March 15, 2012, 11:16:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seldom

Try setting your detail to "highest". View>Toolbars>Detail Level (shows detail level toolbar if you don't have it already)> select Highest.

catrox75

I'm getting random fragments of what appear to be trails like "Companion to the Santa Fe Trail"

Seldom

Then you're seeing the map, maybe not what you expected, but it's loaded.  What do you see with the FL Topo?

catrox75

Nothing. The only maps that show up on BaseCamp are Global and My Trails.

catrox75

Located Florida; still nothing but red lines no matter how far in I zoom.

Seldom

Red lines and dots are all you'll see in My Trails, unless you load it into your GPSr.  Where the trails will show over top of the other topo you've also loaded.  Have you tried uninstalling FL topo?

catrox75

I have uninstalled FL topo; BTW is that the same thing as Deleted?

Seldom

No.  Undelete anything you have deleted.  Then (assuming you have a PC) go to the add remove programs page in the control panel and find FL topo there.  "Remove" it like you would any other program.  That will not only remove the files, but will also fix up the computer's registry.  BaseCamp and MapSource rely on registry settings to open the map files.

Alternatively, you can undelete the files you deleted, then just run the installer again.  The installer should remove the old installation and re-install it.

maps4gps

Is not the best method to run the install program which came with that particular mapset?

Seldom

No doubt, but the OP has said he deleted the files, and my assumption is that the uninstaller will look for the full file list.  Hence, the suggestion to Undelete.

A second assumption, since I see all my installed map products in the Uninstall Programs window is that the Remove Programs window points to and calls the uninstaller.  I figured it was easier for the OP to find the Uninstall window than to wade through c:\Program Files (x86) to find the right folder.

gregokat

I installed "My Trails" as recommended, and this fixed the problem. Thanks  :)

Seldom

Glad it worked out. catrox75 ,the OP, (although on multipost threads that's hard to keep track of) still seems to be having problems with it though.