News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

My Trails showing up as dots . . .

Started by Payton MacDonald, March 09, 2012, 06:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payton MacDonald

Hi guys,

First, thanks for creating the site.  It's very useful and I will definitely donate some bucks.

I'm looking to download the New Jersey topo map, but it says that I need to download My Trails first as a 32-bit file, which will then for some reason allow me to get the 64-bit NJ Topo map.

So, I made sure Basecamp was closed as per the instructions, and then downloaded and installed My Trails.  But when I open Basecamp to check it out it just appears as a series of random dots.  No matter how far or close I zoom in it looks the same.  I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, but same problem.

Any advice would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Seldom

Glad it's working for you. 8)  In order to see trails zoom in on the dots to less than 10 miles in BaseCamp  with your detail level set to "Higher".  At those settings I can see the Delaware River Water Trail and tons of trails in PA.

Boyd

Downloading MyTrails just fixes a few things in the Windows registry and allows other maps to display correctly on Win 7 64 bit. You don't actually have to view or use MyTrails unless you want to. Just install before you install the other map.

I also have a highly detailed New Jersey topo that might interest you :) http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/294/