GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Domain forwarding issue

Started by jbensman, March 01, 2012, 06:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbensman

Is there another issue with the name server again?  Starting yesterday I started getting messages like this whenever I tried to access this site (no problems on any other sites):

Malicious Web Site Blocked

You attempted to access:

http://www3.thebesttuchecker.de.lv/?p3ma=lKjWxbGdm5KbmeDnspCai9ff0a%2BlZJ%2BW1ZzKksqkpJg%3D

This is a known malicious web site. It is recommended that you do NOT visit this site. The detailed report explains the security risks on this site.

For your protection, this web site has been blocked. Visit Symantec to learn more about phishing and internet security.

So I went and tried my laptop and the same thing would happen (and it only happened on this site.

It was still happening today on both computers execpt I would get messagres like

sweepstakesandcontestsdo.com

Oops! Internet Explorer could not connect to astre09atyqr.rr.nu

I emailed some others to see if they were having problems and they said they were not.  Now it is an intermittent problem.  I've tried what worked when it happened before, but it still keeps happening. 

I'm running IE9 on both computers.

Indrid Cold

Quote from: jbensman on March 01, 2012, 06:34:21 PM
Is there another issue with the name server again?  Starting yesterday I started getting messages like this whenever I tried to access this site (no problems on any other sites):
None that I've seen.

Have you checked for the DNS virus?
I think there is a link to check your system here: http://dns-ok.us/

jbensman

I tried it and it said I do not have it.

It only happens on this site and it has not happened for a while now.  Yesterday every time I would go to the site, Norton would give me a warning.

eaparks

I was also being told by Norton that I was trying to be redirected to a malicious site when trying to access GPSFileDepot's website.  Here is a screen shot of what I was seeing with my PC info. blackened out.  This was only happening to me on Wed. 2-29-12 and only on GPSFileDepot's site.  I updated and ran Norton Antivirus and a malware program and nothing showed up and was still trying to be redirected.

Seldom

So how are you both getting past the redirect?

jbensman

That is what I was getting too.  But as I mentioned I was getting the Norton warning up to this afternoon.  Then it started redirecting to other places.  Now it seems to be working.

jbensman

maps4gps

Starting yesterday morning, after less than a second on the gpsfiledepot webpage, a sex scandel webpage appears.  I blocked it and all was OK the rest of the day.  This morning it is back with a different URL.  This is not happening on other websites we visit.  i remember we had some similiar 1-1/2? years ago.

Boyd

Hah - I also got the re-direct to some sex site yesterday when I tried to open the gpsfiledepot forums. I tried a second time and then it was ok. Weird.

jbensman

I cannot access the site using Internet Explorer.  My previous message where I said it was happening again I was able to cut and paste before Norton blocked the redirect.  I am on firefox now and I am not having any trouble,  Just before opening firefox, IE blocked me.  So has the site been hacked or what the heck is going on?

Seldom

Confirming it's an IE thing.  When I typed "www.gpsfiledepot.com"  into IE I got Paris Hilton in her underwear.  Firefox (my normal browser) works just fine.  The second time I tried it with IE I got the Kaimedia Hawaii site that I got the last time this happened.

Deleted my browsing history (per jbensman's suggestions from the first time this happened, above) and now gpsfiledepot works in both IE and Firefox,

dbperry

When I load this page (this thread in the forum), my anti-virus blocks a script from running. Looking at the source code for this page, the script is at the very bottom of the HTML for this page. The script that my anti-virus doesn't like is:
ligen92tcusto.rr.nu/nl.php?p=d

Could this be the source of your problem? Is there a purpose to that script being called from this page? Anyone want to go hunting and try to figure out if that script is really bad or if my anti-virus software is just over-reacting?

BTW, I never get redirected and never have had trouble loading the forum or the main part of the site.

Dave
My custom KMZ map collection:
http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/byuser/13384/

maps4gps

I just loged in again, and now it is referencing another URL. 

I would say something in the our webpage, or perhaps the entire web service provider.

omegaman

Over the last week, I have been redirected a couple of times to a 'ransomware site', as I have tried to get to the GpsFileDepot using Internet Explorer. It doesn't happen when accessing other sites, only this one.
I'm guessing the previous post is correct. This site has been infiltrated by malware it seems.

dbperry

Yes, I did a little searching and the problem is definitely the rr.nu script. There is a known malware / virus infection that inserts script references to random *.rr.nu pages at the bottom of HTML pages of infected websites / web servers. The script creates a redirect via browser security holes - exactly the problem we're seeing here. I'm not sure if this is a problem that falls to Oz to fix or to his webhost.

The reason that not all of us see the problem is that the problem can be blocked with up-to-date browser updates (like Microsoft security patches) and up-to-date anti-virus software. Perhaps the exploit only works on certain browsers, also.

Bottom line, the problem is on this website, not your machine - unless when the script runs  it infects your machine with a virus...that could be possible.

Dave
My custom KMZ map collection:
http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/byuser/13384/