GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

City navigator NT micro SD card

Started by magellan, April 10, 2009, 07:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magellan

I just bought a garmin gpsmap 60cs from someone today. It came with a 2 gb micro SD of city navigator NT 2009. It works great on the gps, and I think it is an original SD from Garmin since they are nigh impossible to copy over. What I wanted to know is if there is a way to unlock the map from my SD card onto mapsource. It would be junky not to be able to use mapsource for city navigator. 

maps4gps

I thought the 'x' version of the GPSr was needed to use a micro SD memory card?
There have been many recent posts on the forums.groundspeak.com about the the DVD versus SD card versions.  The SD version is locked to the card, but the card can be moved between GPSrs.  The DVD version can be used with MapSource and then gets registered to a single GPSr.  The word is NavTec is requiring Garmin to do it that way to protect their street data.

-Oz-

True, there is no way to get the map off the card.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

tacopapa

Another question from a newbie on this topic -- is it possible to use Mapsource to add topo files to a City navigator SD card?  Or would I need to get the DVD version to combine streets with topo?

tacopapa

zoonslikezoey

From what I understand, You can copy the sd card before it is used in a gps.  You can then install the cards in seperate gps units and they will write the file to the sd card.

Indrid Cold

Quote from: zoonslikezoey on July 20, 2009, 09:03:24 PM
From what I understand, You can copy the sd card before it is used in a gps.  You can then install the cards in seperate gps units and they will write the file to the sd card.
Please read the use guidelines:

QuoteNo Unlawful Use Allowed

You may not used GPSFileDepot to do anything considered unlawful in the United States of America or in your home country. You may not use content obtained from GPSFileDepot to do anything unlawful. Anyone found to be in breach of these terms will have their access terminated. GPSFileDepot will cooperate with lawful police investigations and may reveal details about your actions if unlawful.
http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/usage.php