Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

no map after downloading

Started by charlessteve01, February 28, 2012, 02:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indrid Cold

Topics merged.

charlessteve01

sorry wont happen again-so i have to have the long wait all over again? is it the same download as before or do i specifically load the 32 bit version cause i cant find it-THANKS   and somebody said something about loading it on my trails cause of the 64 bit thing???

maps4gps

The PC version of NC topo now available for download is the 32-bit version - there is no longer a version using the 64-bit installer available for download.
The 'My trails ....' mapset is a small mapset which you might find useful and uses a 32-bit installer.  It covers most States and can be found by searching for available mapsets for a State. 

charlessteve01

OK- and it should take quite a while right-no prob-just prioritizing-lol

Seldom

Quote from: charlessteve01 on February 28, 2012, 02:57:05 PM
everything went smooth wizard and all-went straight back to mapsource-got the grid screen-same as before i downloaded map
I don't understand this sentence.  What worked and what didn't?  And does "wizard" refer to the installer, or something else?

Also, the version of MapSource (or BaseCamp) really matters.  What version are you using?

charlessteve01

version 6.16.3-just got back from downloading 32 bit version-same thing-1st time it downloaded fast and smooth and got the install wizard-i dont know-say it could be the mapsource version huh?

Seldom

Quote from: charlessteve01 on February 28, 2012, 09:01:01 PM
-i dont know-say it could be the mapsource version huh?
No, that's the latest version.  Some people can't get maps to load with older versions, but that's not your problem.

charlessteve01

what is the deal with this thing ? help me out

charlessteve01

im goin to be runnin round in circles if i dont figure this thing out!!lol

maps4gps

I errored and recreated the mapsets using the installer script with the Windows 7 64-bit issue.

Uninstall NC topo.
Download and install "My trails ....  '(17Mb)  http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/53
Then install NC topo
Then start MapSource - note: it only checks for mapsets when it is started/opened

charlessteve01

hell yeah-got it man-thats prettynice-man if i had any funds i surely would make a donation-but i dont-is there anything else i can do for y'all