GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

no map after downloading

Started by charlessteve01, February 28, 2012, 02:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlessteve01

OK i downloaded mapsource-then nc topo off this site- got the wizard-went to mapsource- no map-looked in upper left corner-nothin-tried to do it from my documents- says its not a mapsource file-what next? thanks

Seldom

charlessteve01

both from this site-but the mapsource is from the garmin site should be straight right?

charlessteve01

charlessteve01

everything went smooth wizard and all-went straight back to mapsource-got the grid screen-same as before i downloaded map

maps4gps

That is likely the 64-bit Windows 7 issue.

Option 1 - Uninstall NC topo.  Download 'My trails ....'     With MapSource closed, install 'My trails ....'.     With MapSource closed, install NC topo.  Open MapSource - both mapsets should be available for selection.

Option 2 - Uninstall NC topo.  Download the 32-bit version which was just uploaded to replace the 64-bit version.

charlessteve01

charlessteve01

what is this swapping in my trails to download for win7-64 bit

maps4gps

The 32-bit installer version of NC topo has been uploaded.

Indrid Cold

charlessteve01

refer to topic below this one in forum-THANKS

Indrid Cold

Quote from: charlessteve01 on February 28, 2012, 03:57:00 PM
refer to topic below this one in forum-THANKS
I have read that and still don't understand your question.

maps4gps

When a mapset using a 32-bit installer is the first one installed, mapsets using a 64-bit installer will then install properly. 

Indrid Cold

See the following:
Quote from: maps4gps on February 28, 2012, 03:15:36 PM
Option 2 - Uninstall NC topo.  Download the 32-bit version which was just uploaded to replace the 64-bit version.

charlessteve01

OK i am using windows 7 64 bit-i do not see a 32 bit version on the map selection page-i do not see a 'my trails' icon or anything-when i try to uninstall it just reloads map-PLEASE help me get this right-THANKS