News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Downloading Maps for Use on BaseCamp

Started by sheltie, February 22, 2012, 09:56:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seldom

Quote from: sheltie on February 24, 2012, 02:53:32 PM
I disagree that a consumer should visit a manufacturor's web site to check for updates when they buy a product.  It is the manufacturor's RESPONSIBILITY to make any shortcomings or necessary updates known to a consumer.
They let you know what's current by checking their website.

Of course you did "check for updates" on your ancient BaseCamp.  Unfortunately, it was too decrepit or senile to answer the question correctly.

Boyd

Quote from: sheltie on February 24, 2012, 02:53:32 PMI disagree that a consumer should visit a manufacturor's web site to check for updates when they buy a product.  It is the manufacturor's RESPONSIBILITY to make any shortcomings or necessary updates known to a consumer.

As a matter of principle, I don't really disagree with that. But I was coming from a more pragmatic perspective. Curse the darkness or light a candle... it's up to you. :)

sheltie

Quote from: Seldom on February 24, 2012, 04:04:45 PM
Quote from: sheltie on February 24, 2012, 02:53:32 PM
I disagree that a consumer should visit a manufacturor's web site to check for updates when they buy a product.  It is the manufacturor's RESPONSIBILITY to make any shortcomings or necessary updates known to a consumer.
They let you know what's current by checking their website.

Of course you did "check for updates" on your ancient BaseCamp.  Unfortunately, it was too decrepit or senile to answer the question correctly.

Actually I didn't check on the version as it never entered my mind to check.   As to the decrepit or senile aspect, in that case I shouldn't complain because it describes me to a "T"! ;D

Once again, thanks for all the suggestions and help.  Problem solved.