GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

NW USA & SW USA Map Conflict

Started by allenm, April 05, 2009, 05:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allenm

It appears there still is a map id conflict for the Mac versions of the NW USA Topo and SW USA Topo maps.  Only one or the other is visible at a time to MapInstall.

-Oz-

that actually makes sense, the mac one hasn't been changed.  i'll download it and make tbe change
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

issudras

I read the issue from a few weeks ago and I still am having problems.  I have uninstalled both SW and NW Topo USA, and re-downloaded both and only SW shows up in Mapsource.

I downloaded NW from link
http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/134/

and I downloaded SW from link
http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/109/

Oddly neither of these links shows that the files were modified recently as the discussion on this thread would seem to indicate.  They were modified on March 9th and February 26th respectively.  Wouldn't they both have a recent date if this were the correct file?  Am I simply downloading the old versions?  What else could I be doing wrong?  Thanks for your help and especially thanks for this fantastic resource.

magellan

The SW topo's ID was changed, and they both work together for Windows (it does on my computer). Try uninstalling what you have, downloading them again and installing them again. It should work just fine on Windows. If you have the Mac version, then you need to wait for Oz to fix it.

issudras

I read the other post on here and realized I had loaded MW USA Topo also.  I just uninstalled MW and now both my SW and NW Topos work as intended.  It looks like a repair job needs to be done on the MW USA Topo in the same manner as NW ans SW.  Thanks.

-Oz-

ok, so good to know the same ID was used for all the maps.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

dhisum_dhisum

The ID for MW topo has been changed and new installer is in place so it will play nice with SE, SC, SW, NW maps as well.