News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Cartography unavailable

Started by fsiviero, February 07, 2012, 03:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsiviero

Hey,

I've just downloaded and successfully installed South East Maps. I see the Map in the setup and it is available. It shows up when I look for Cities. But when I tap on "Address" to route me to a place, a popup message says "Cartography unavailable". Did anyone have the same problem? Help!

Thanks!

Boyd

It would help if you gave a link to the map you're talking about.

I have never seen that error message myself, but unless the map you're using was specifically built to provide routing, you won't be able to create any routes. AFAIK, none of the maps here will permit you to search for addresses. You need to purchase a Garmin product for that feature.

fsiviero

This is the link: gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/123/

So you say these maps are not routable? If I can't even search for an address what are they useful for? I was expecting I could search for an address and get a route there. Isn't this possible? Sorry for my ignorance. Thanks.

Boyd

That's the Florida Topo, not "South East Maps".  :)

It cannot be used to search for addresses or create routes. Most of the map on this site are like that, unless they specifically state they are capable of routing. What are they useful for? Plenty, IMO. They show a lot of details about the topography, water, roads and place names. They will show your position on the map.

If you want full routing and address search, you should purchase Garmin City Navigator or one of their 24k topo series.

fsiviero

Yup, posted the Florida Topo, tried both the South East and this one. OK, seems I won't be able to get routing maps here. Many thanks for your help!