GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

GPSMapEdit with transparent layers

Started by regnissie, February 02, 2012, 09:51:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

regnissie

I am trying to create a map for an Android with one basemap and many layers displaying over the basemap which will appear at different zoom levels. I seem to be running into a problem that when zoomed to the level where the other other features appear, the basemap disappears.
The original file I am using to layer over the basemap have Transparent=Y in their dictionary.
Thoughts?

Boyd

I didn't realize you could make maps for Android with GPSMapEdit. Are you making .img files or something else?

Seldom

Me neither, Boyd. (Bet the OP's using something Navitel). Showing my ignorance, but I thought the maps here only worked on Garmin GPSrs.  What compiler are you using, and could you post a link to a tutorial for Android?

I also thought the Basemap on Garmins didn't show up until the  "empty" level, the last level defined, one level above the Endlevel for objects.  Don't know if it works the same for Androids, but if it does you'll likely need a non-transparent map of your own on level 0 that you can overlay your transparent maps on.

regnissie

Thanks for all the quick responses... even if it is discussion :)
Yes, GPSMapEdit has the ability to export to an .nm2 file which are for use in Navitel Navigator app.
Problem is that so far I haven't come across ANY documentation for this process and am having a very difficult time managing my zoom levels and layering objects.

Seldom

You might get better results with your question here:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/map_authors/ 
I know Gary Turner has mentioned Navitel.  He's one of the authors of the cgpsmapper manual.
You might also want to check out Malsingmaps.