GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Birdeye files won't display when put on the SD card? Dakota 20

Started by MAT, January 27, 2012, 12:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAT

My Dakota 20 has the newest update, everything works fine but when I move the Birdeye files to the microSD car it won't diplay them.  They still show up in enable/disable map and on Basecamp as being on the card, but no display.  They work if I put them on internal memory.  Why is it so hard to design a handheld GPS that is simple to use?

Mod note: Edited topic subject and moved to correct forum so that you might get some help

maps4gps

QuoteWhy is it so hard to design a handheld GPS that is simple to use?
A question you should be asking Garmin.  We have no influence with them.

Indrid Cold

I only store BirdsEye files on my microSD card and they work fine. Might just be that model or some other issue. Maybe Oz has a BE subscription and can give it a look.

Boyd

Never saw that problem on either my Oregon or Montana. I have always used memory cards for Birdseye also. Contact Garmin here: http://www.garmin.com/us/support/contact

Seldom

If they're on the card, what folder should they be in?  \Garmin\BirdsEye (no spaces)?   I know "Custom Maps" won't work, but "CustomMaps" does.  Is case sensitive?

Boyd

I don't think it's case sensitive, and that's the correct place. Doesn't seem like the problem is related to the file folder, since MAT says he can enable/disable them from the menus on the GPS, which implies the files are being recognized.

Can't think of any reason why they don't work unless it's just a firmware bug. Well, MAYBE if there was just one little Birdseye file stored in internal memory, and the files on the card were in the wrong place, it MIGHT behave like this. You would see the enable/disable menu on the GPS due to the file in internal memory, but files on the card wouldn't be found because they were in the wrong place.

Also might want to confirm that the card is formatted as FAT32.

MAT

I still don't know what happened, but they work now that I deleted and then reloaded them on the SD card.  The files are all the same so it must have been a bug somewhere.