GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Configuring Profiles

Started by Scorpio49, January 25, 2012, 01:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scorpio49

Dakota 20 with City Navigator on SD card, with Georgia Topo installed internally.

If I am geocaching should I set up a profiel using CN for automotive to utilize the route to the cache and then set up a profile for geocaching by truning off CN and enabling the topo?

Right now all maps are enabled:  CN, Worldwide autoroute basemap, GA Topo, Worldwide Basemap and Digital Globe

What should I have enabled/disabled for an Auto profile or a Geocaching profile?

If I have GA topo do I need basemap and digital globe installed?

babj615

Dakota 20 with City Navigator on SD card, with Georgia Topo installed internally.

If I am geocaching should I set up a profiel using CN for automotive to utilize the route to the cache and then set up a profile for geocaching by truning off CN and enabling the topo?

I use two profiles. Geocaching, and City Navigator. I use the CN to get me close, then switch to Geocaching profile once I am on foot.

Right now all maps are enabled:  CN, Worldwide autoroute basemap, GA Topo, Worldwide Basemap and Digital Globe

Having all maps enabled will slow your GPSr down. You will likely find it to be more responsive with fewer maps enabled at any given time, so try to only enable maps you need.

What should I have enabled/disabled for an Auto profile or a Geocaching profile?

My Geocaching profile uses the Topo map, and the City Navigator uses my CN map.

If I have GA topo do I need basemap and digital globe installed?

The basemap give you a good point of reference when you zoom way out. Leave it installed, but try using your profiles with it enabled and disabled, and see which you prefer.
Garmin GPSMap 60cs, Dakota 20, Colorado 400t, Oregon 300/400t/450/550t/650/650t, Montana 650, Lowrance Endura Sierra, nuvi 3790, iPhone 3G/4/4s
Geocaching ID: Atlas Cached
OpenCaching.com Ambassador