GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

New GPSMAP 62s owner.

Started by Tristar, January 22, 2012, 07:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tristar

I've been a Magellen user for the last ten years.  My latest, Explorist 600, began giving me troubles and I decided to upgrade.  The GPSMAP 62s seemed to fit my needs, primarily geocaching, and found a new unit for $409/free shipping from PCNation. I hardly had it turned on when it had a good lock!  My 600 would take up to 10 minutes.  Oh, this was while in the car.  So I'm very impressed with the receiver strength.

I received it yesterday and spent around 8 hours playing with all the features.  As expected, the manual was of little use and I learned mostly from forum posts and tutorials.  Anyway, I had no problem downloading and loading the Arizona map into the gps.  Really straight forward instructions and loaded on the first attempt

I'd like to thank all involved for developing and maintaining this site.  I doubt I can contribute too much but hope to be on the forum often.

-Oz-

Glad you're enjoying your new GPS :)
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!