GPSFileDepot.com

US States & Counties Boundaries Map Not Recognized In Basecamp

Started by sdchiker, January 11, 2012, 04:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdchiker

I have downloaded the US States & Counties Boundaries Map install file and ran the exe, however it is not recognized in Basecamp.  I have several other GPSFileDepot maps installed and they are recognized in Basecamp properly.  The US States & Counties Boundaries Map is the only one not being recognized.  I have installed it into the same directory as all the other maps obtained from GPSFileDepot.  I have unstalled and reinstalled a couple of times and have redownloaded the exe file and re-ran it several times, but still the map is not recognized in Basecamp. There are four img files, one TDB file and the uninstall.exe file appearing in the directory I have as the install directory.

These are the files that are in the USStatesandCounties directory:
54881258.img
54881259.img
uninstall.exe
US States and Counties.img
USStatesandCounties.img
USStatesandCounties.TDB

I have also booted up an old PC that has MapSource installed on it and the US States & Counties Boundaries Map appears in MapSource but still will not be recognized by the Basecamp on my newer computer.

Anyone know what else to try?

Thanks.

Seldom

Same results for me.  It opens fine in MapSource 6.16.3, but not in BaseCamp 3.0.3 Beta.  FWIW its properties look fine in MapSetToolKit.

Just a guess, but the tile area is GINORMOUS.  I'll bet there's something about BC that won't accept tiles that cover that many degrees.  It won't accept maps4gps's World Shaded Relief.KMZ either.

-Oz-

Hmm... how to fix. I could just make them smaller tiles I guess.  Do we have ant idea what the size is?
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Seldom

Should be obvious from my prior response that I've got no clue.

sdchiker

In looking at the number of tiles in a couple of the other United States general type maps (Eastern Public Land Ownership and My Trails for example) the number of tiles seems to be up around the 30 to 40 range.

sdchiker

djhobby

I have the same problem too. In the map drop down on BaseCamp, the county map set does not show up. But...... When I right click on my GPS unit and click send maps, the County Map is an option to send. And it will send it.