GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Question for any one who knows the etrex legend

Started by Matthew A, January 07, 2012, 02:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew A

I would like to pull my waypoints out of the GPSS on store them on my PC, Can some one tell me how, my owner's manual said I had to have a mapsource setup, What is that? I looked on the garmin site for it but I couldn't it. Are there any other ways to do this? Thanks for any help you can provide.

I also would like to put them in another GPSS after I get them stored,I am new to this.

Indrid Cold

Download BaseCamp here: LINK

You will be able to library all your data and move it between units pretty easily

Matthew A

Ok, I downloaded the Basecamp, Now I don't know how to use it. I connected my GPSS to the PC, but basecamp doesn't recognize it. I am missing something,please help. I am a computer dummy!

Indrid Cold

Matthew A

Yea, I did that on the GPSS , Interface and selected gamin. I had the basecamp up on my PC, but nothing happen, I though it would recognize the connection of the GPSS or something. Then I would know what to do next, but with it connected to PC how do I get the basecamp to work? I'm missing something. When I open up basecamp, I can't find how to connect to the GPSS. Thanks.

Indrid Cold

Can you connect to Garmin's WebUpdater?

Matthew A

I have in the past, to check on updates. When I have my GPSS hooked to the computer and open basecamp, shouldn't my GPSS pop up in the upper left corner under where is says library?

Indrid Cold

You may need to use MapSource to save them to your computer then, see:
Tutorial

Use MapSource to retrieve you data, then save to your desktop. That file can be used in BaseCamp.

Matthew A

I tried the updater, with no problems, it said there were no new updates for my GPSS. Where do I get this Mapsource at?

Matthew A

Ok, I been looking on the garmin site, do I need the " trip and waypoint manager CD-ROM" to do what I'm wanting?

Seldom

Indrid Cold

Quote from: Matthew A on January 10, 2012, 08:28:06 PM
I tried the updater, with no problems, it said there were no new updates for my GPSS. Where do I get this Mapsource at?
I posted a link to The tutorial above that will get you MapSource

Matthew A

Thanks for the help, I finally got it to work, I had to call tech support at gamin. I found out that basecamp want work with my etrex legend. Had to use the mapsource that I down loaded.
Now I got the waypoints stored on my PC and I also loaded them on my new GPSS, a astro 320. I think I'm going to like this new astro.