GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Oregon 450 and City Navigator

Started by Scorpio49, January 07, 2012, 07:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scorpio49

I have City Navigator NT that I received with my garmin GPS(Zumo 550). Can I use this to install on a Oregon 450? If so would the whole map fit and how would I do this?

Seldom

If you've installed it once, you'll need to purchase a second license.  CN is locked to a single GPSr.  City Navigator North America (includes Canada & Alaska) costs about 75USD on Amazon.

Boyd

If you don't need Canada or Alaska, you can purchase the "Lower 49" version of City Navigator at Garmin.com for $60. Full version is $80 from Garmin. If you have never registered your Oregon or Zumo, do that first and you will get a 10% discount coupon, taking the Lower 49 version down to $54 or full version to $73.

The Lower 49 version is about 1.2 GB and full version is about 1.6GB. There are various ways to install depending on the format in which you purchase. The download and DVD versions get locked to a single device when they are purchased. If you purchase on a pre-loaded memory card, it can be used in any device you want but the card cannot be copied.