GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Oz's Maps, OZ

Started by DesertCruiser, December 28, 2011, 11:53:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertCruiser

Oz, I have put links to your maps with examples on our site. A lot of desert travels love the extras detail your maps afford them. In looking into the maps that would interest the desert crowd, I discovered that the California map is a large file size (over 900 MB's) and was wondering if you planned to split that map into North and South additions? I have no idea how much work that is or if it's possible without rebuilding the entire map, so please forgive my ignorance. Most visitors to the Southwest would probably only have an interest in the Southern half of California. Please reply,
Thank you, Great maps,
Don.....
"A picture is worth a thousand words"
"Some pictures leave you speechless"

Indrid Cold

For California, you would want the updated map here: LINK

It also fixes some errors from the original map

DesertCruiser

Thank you Indrid, Glad you brought that to my attention.

Don....

-Oz-

Glad you like the maps.  I'll follow Indrid Cold's recommendation that you link to the new topo. I didn't actually make the old California topo and it has some weird attributes.  I'll actually edit my map to recommend the new one.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

DesertCruiser

Thank you both very much. We have one of the largest web sites in the southwest and we like to keep up with the latest map systems and offer them to our viewers through links on our Desert Map page. Your maps are very nice and we've already used them  on two trips associated with the site. People are showing a lot of interest in them, and hopefully you'll get some donations from this, I can only imagine that it is a lot of work putting these together. Maps are one of the biggest draws to our site, and we've always recommended the use of Garmins GPS units.
Again thanks,

Don....

Indrid Cold

What website do you represent?

DesertCruiser

The site is www.in-the-desert.com and it's a life's work for us. We have a small but very efficient staff. We try to provide a lot of information for anyone living in, or traveling in the desert southwest.

Thanks for asking,
Don....

DesertCruiser

I just downloaded and checked the new map in MapSource 2008 and the detail and off-road  TRAILS in this map are outstanding! It will definitely be a great addition for people using this map system. It's the best one I've seen yet.

Thank you very much, now to make the changes on the site, and some additions.

You've got a great site here,

Thanks again,

Don....

-Oz-

Your site is pretty awesome as well.  As an ex-Arizona person it is definitely a great place to get outdoors.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

DesertCruiser

Thank you Oz, we've been working on it. We do get a lot of traffic from all the US and the world.  I just got the pages rebuilt with the updated info if anyone cares to see it or comment on it.  http://www.in-the-desert.com/garmintopomaps.html

Thanks again,
Don....

Indrid Cold

Looks nice, will have to check out the site further:)

DesertCruiser

Okay our review is done, and with the help of Seldom. Hope we can help you out with this, I'm sure it will help out a lot desert travelers.

Thanks again,
Don...