GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Samoa Timezone change

Started by Indrid Cold, December 29, 2011, 01:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indrid Cold

So Samoa is changing it's timezone today. Looks like they are throwing out Friday all together!
Story

Garmin is going to have to cut a new timezone map ;)

-Oz-

Wow... that is impressive how they applied logic to their "time".  Now perhaps we can get rid of day light savings time.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Boyd

Have you ever been to Indiana? The state was split up between DST and non DST, on a county by county level IIRC. Used to go out there often in the past and it was always confusing to know what time it was.

As I remember, the whole state was changed to DST a few years back by the governor. It cost him is office at the next election, since he did it by proclamation without holding a referendum. Surprising how passionate people were about it. One complaint was that they couldn't get their kids to go to bed early when it was still light outside.  :)

When I lived out in the sticks in upstate NY, the neighbor across the road was kind of a crazy survivalist guy who didn't believe in DST and wouldn't use it. We were confused when his kids argued with us about what time it was until we figured this out.

jbensman

In IN at least one city (I think English) had two time zones in the tiny city.  They called it fast time and slow time.

-Oz-

Actually I spent a lot of time in Arizona which doesn't do daylight savings time.

Indiana still has two time zones as you approach Chicago.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

jbensman

Garmin has a new time zone map with the webupdater-I bet it fixed this.