GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Help with Alaska DL

Started by natedawgedog, December 28, 2011, 08:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

natedawgedog

instead of starting my own thread on this same subject, I live in alaska and I am trying to get a topo map for my 60csx but it is telling me the file is incomplete when I try to download it. the file is 220mb and its eating up my bandwith, it appears its an .exe file and Ive been reading the 60csx can only read .img files? I have read all the how to's and have tried to follow the directions Ive read on this site but I am at a loss on what to do. Im a brand new to gps's and its software, but Im pretty good with a computer, if this file wont work with my gps does anyone have any links or .img files for alaska? any help would be greatly appreciated

-Oz-

When you run the .exe file it will install the map into basecamp and mapsource.  at what point do you get that the file is incomplete?
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Boyd

The .exe file is an installer. After successfully downloading, double-click that file and see this: http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-to-open-maps-in-garmin-basecamp/

The installer will properly configure the files for use in Basecamp, and you can then use Mapinstall to send the map to your GPS.

No idea why the download is failing, could be specific to your setup.

natedawgedog

Quote from: -Oz- on December 28, 2011, 08:09:10 AM
When you run the .exe file it will install the map into basecamp and mapsource.  at what point do you get that the file is incomplete?

after the file is done downloading and trying to run the file it is telling me that it cannot run the file because the file is incomplete. so I tried it again and it did the samething.

Indrid Cold

Quote from: natedawgedog on December 28, 2011, 08:05:49 AM
instead of starting my own thread...
Please start a new thread to avoid the crosstalk

-Oz-

If the alaska map you downloaded is http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/302 I just downloaded it an it worked for me.  With that error it is likely a corrupted download.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!