GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

More Basecamp troubles

Started by Paksen, December 22, 2011, 07:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paksen

I still can't view a map in Basecamp. :( Worked fine on another PC.  Not my W7 64-bit pc though.

I've tried installing My Trails maps.
I've uninstalled and re-installed Basecamp.

I've put the resolution at highest and zoomed in to less than 800ft.  I've also chosen different maps that I've downloaded.
I've pointed at both "My Collection" and my gps.

Do I need to have City Navigator installed or some other sort of base map?

Cheers,

Paksen

Seldom

Please post a link to the map you are having trouble with.

Boyd

Note that he said he installed myTrails but it didn't work either.

In Basecamp, do you see the maps that you've installed in the dropdown menu? Also, this is very basic, but try this. In Basecamp, hold down the control key and press G (control-G). Does that fix it?

This command toggles detailed maps on and off.

Seldom

Quote from: Boyd on December 22, 2011, 08:01:33 AM
Note that he said he installed myTrails but it didn't work either.

Noted: but it would help to diagnose the problem to know which map it was.  Is it from GPSfiledepot?  Have others had problems with it?

Boyd

The more I think of it, I'm betting that ctl-G (View > Basic Map Only) fixes the problem. It's a pretty common mistake for people that are new to Basecamp.  :)

Seldom

But Ctrl-G toggles between ugly and detailed with the maps I've got loaded, not between nothing and detailed. 

Depends on what the OP means by "can't view"; also what he means by "I've also chosen different maps that I've downloaded."  Did they work or not? 

Sounds like BaseCamp's running.  Is it the Beta?

Paksen

Boyd, that did it.  Toggling CTRL-G off and on and selecting some of the maps I'd downloaded finally got the detail showing up.  I figured it had to be something simple.  ;D

Thanks so much!

jbensman

CTRL G twice clears the cache on MapSource and BaseCamp.  When you use a map like My Trails that gets updated, many times you need to press ctrl g twice after upgrading or the old version of the map is still in the cache.  Anytime you are having issues with the display, ctrl G TWICE is a good thing to try. 

Boyd

:) I thought so. Glad that it worked. I think this should be added to the tutorial(s)... might save a few people some grief.