GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

BaseCamp and Google earth??

Started by Zrt1200, December 16, 2011, 12:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zrt1200

Yesterday I uploaded basecamp to my pc and today I uploaded Great Lakes Offroad Map Map from here. I am just learning so please be patient with me. But some where I seen Google earth while I was in basecamp and it said I have to upload it?? I have Google earth already installed on my pc. Do I need to install this into basecamp?? and if yes. How?? Thanks Every one. Zrt

Zrt1200

I went back and looked at it. It is in the tool bar under view.

Indrid Cold

Glad to see you have it sorted out:)

Zrt1200

Indrid Cold, What I meant it was listed in the tool bar under view but it still did not come up?? Sorry for the confusion. Any Idea as to why it says I have to load it??

Indrid Cold

Well, if you want to see your data in Google Earth, you have to have it installed. If you have it installed, and are trying to see your data with it, and are getting a message that you need to install it... Then uninstall it and reinstall it and see if that clears things up.

Zrt1200

OK, I uninstalled it and was going to reinstall it and notice there is a couple different versions. There is Google Earth for Desk Top, Google Earth View, And Google Earth Plug In. Which one should I install?? Thanks guys. I really appreciate the help. Here's there link.

http://www.google.com/earth/explore/products/plugin.html

Zrt1200

I reinstalled it and now I can get Google earth in basecamp. I have another question now. Is there any way to over lay the trails on to the Google earth map?? Thanks. Zrt

jkdees99

This might go along with what the OP is asking but is there a way to have google earth over layed on the base camp screen?

Seldom

Quote from: jkdees99 on December 25, 2011, 06:57:59 PM
This might go along with what the OP is asking but is there a way to have google earth over layed on the base camp screen?
Not GE in BaseCamp, but you can call GE from BaseCamp and have it "Show Selected Objects".  IE you can select a track or waypoints and have them show up in GE.

Boyd

You can have basically the same thing as Google Earth in BaseCamp using BirdsEye imagery. However, you need to have a GPS that is compatible with Birdseye and connect it to your computer while running Basecamp (see list of compatible devices here: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=70144#productTab). There is no charge to download Birdseye and use it in Basecamp, but you need a subscription to transfer it to your GPS.

Here's a screenshot of City Navigator on top of BirdsEye in Basecamp

Zrt1200

Quote from: Seldom on December 25, 2011, 08:29:30 PM
Quote from: jkdees99 on December 25, 2011, 06:57:59 PM
Not GE in BaseCamp, but you can call GE from BaseCamp and have it "Show Selected Objects".  IE you can select a track or waypoints and have them show up in GE.

OK Guys I am missing something. (OP another member)??  (GE from BaseCamp)= google earth?? Like I said I am new to this so please be patient while I learn. Thanks guys. Zrt

Seldom

OP is Original Poster. GE is Google Earth.