GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

New to the GPS world & Oregon 450??

Started by Zrt1200, December 14, 2011, 09:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zrt1200

HI Guys, At age 51 am I not totally new to GPS but sense my last gps was 12 years old and only did way points I am basically new to this and I am not a computer whiz either. Anyways I overheard my wife saying I am getting a Garmin Oregon 450 for Christmas and I need to get up to speed on these new GPS.  I will be using this GPS for Hunting, Snowmobiling, Kayaking, And I am going to try geocaching as it sounds like a good family outing. I have been reading this and other forums and I see I can download all sorts of things. From what I have read I should get use to BaseCamp for mapping on the Oregon?? So where do I start?? Thank you in advance for every ones help!! Zrt

Zrt1200

Well some how I ended up over on Wiki and just read from Getting started to Maps. Wow that was a lot of info for one night.

babj615

Quote from: Zrt1200 on December 14, 2011, 10:21:12 PM
Well some how I ended up over on Wiki and just read from Getting started to Maps. Wow that was a lot of info for one night.

If you found the Garmin Oregon Wiki, you need go no further, most everything you need to know about the Oregon is there.

If you have further questions about the Oregon, please do post them there! About Maps? Post them here!
Garmin GPSMap 60cs, Dakota 20, Colorado 400t, Oregon 300/400t/450/550t/650/650t, Montana 650, Lowrance Endura Sierra, nuvi 3790, iPhone 3G/4/4s
Geocaching ID: Atlas Cached
OpenCaching.com Ambassador

Indrid Cold

Quote from: babj615 on December 15, 2011, 12:00:20 AM
If you have further questions about the Oregon, please do post them there! About Maps? Post them here!
If you have any questions about your Oregon, feel free to post it here, some of us have that model.

Zrt1200

Thanks Indrid Cold. I am sure I will have questions and it is great that I know I can ask for advice here. Zrt