News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Can't load BaseCamp_322

Started by Spoke, October 27, 2011, 02:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoke

Hello all,
I just upgraded my basecamp to 3.22 and when I attempted to start it it gave me the error"There is a problem with the Arizona Topo installation. Please re-install Arizona Topo again and restart Basecamp "
I reistalled the Arizona Top I had and got the same reject again. I then uninstalled Arizona Topo with Revouninstaller and when I tried to start basecamp got the same problem.
I then downloaded the newest Arizona Topo Ver 2.11 and installed it, again the same error.
I have a 64 bit computer so I installed the My Trails map in the hopes that it would somehow allow me to open Basecamp. No luck I Still get "There is a problem with the Arizona Topo installation. Please re-install Arizona Topo again and restart Basecamp "
I have shutdown and restarted the computer each time I uninstalled Arizona Topo. Any help would sure be appreciated.

Seldom

Will BaseCamp start if AZ Topo isn't installed?  If so, try installing AZ Topo while you don't have BaseCamp running.

If BaseCamp won't start when you think you have uninstalled all versions of AZ Topo:

Make sure you uninstall any versions of AZ Topo with the uninstaller that came with them, not Revo Uninstaller.  If necessary re-install them and uninstall them.  See if BaseCamp starts.  If that doesn't work, get a copy of MapSetToolKit and use it to uninstall any AZ Topo artifacts that show up in its MapSet Installed list.

eaparks

Had the similar thing happen a few days ago with Mapsource on one of my custom maps.  If I uninstalled the problem map Mapsource would open.  Ended up, I had the FID number wrong in the NSIS file.

Seldom

Funny you should mention. I couldn't get MS 6.13.7 or MapConverter to run because I had a map with an FID that showed ???? in MapSetToolKit.  When I used MSTK to Uninstall that map, both worked fine.  BUT MS 6.16.3 and BC 3.2.2 both ran fine before (and after) the problem map was uninstalled.

Spoke

Thanks for the help. I ended uuninstalling basecamp 3.22 and reinstalled basecamp 3.05 and things worked. I have to jack things around a little but at least I can open Basecamp.