News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

My trails multiple copies on oregon 450

Started by korey99, October 27, 2011, 06:52:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

korey99

Hello all-

I've been having good luck with the maps here, with one exception.  When I install some certain maps onto the SD card of my Garmin Oregon, I get multiple entries in the list of installed maps (the one you see when you go into Setup > Map > Select Map).

I use BaseCamp, and have a number of maps installed (IL topo, My Trails, NE USA Topo part 1 and 2, etc.).  I renamed all the .img files on my Oregon card to another extension (so I have no extra maps available).  Then I used BaseCamp to install maps.  I selected the "My Trails-High Quality Trail and POI Maps" and selected all segments and installed them.

I've done this multiple times, and each time I get those multiple entries in the list.  Is this a known issue?  Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Korey

Boyd

What do you mean by "multiple entries"? Do you mean that some of the maps are grouped together and can't be individually turned on and off? Are you certain you're only sending one map at a time with Basecamp, then renaming the gmapsupp.img file to something else?

Sometimes, maps will be automatically grouped together if their internal ID codes are the same. But I also wonder if there's a bug that's creeping into some of Garmin's new firmware. In Rich's review of the eTrex 20, he describes the exact same problem:

http://gpstracklog.com/2011/10/garmin-etrex-20-review.html#more-12856

QuoteA note about map management

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not, but the eTrex handles maps differently than other recent Garmin models. When I loaded multiple maps, renaming them one at a time, they showed up in Map Setup as one combined mapset (shown at right).

babj615

This is a known issue with the "My Trails-High Quality Trail and POI Maps" - gives you three different maps to enable/disable, all with the same map name. I contacted the Map Maker, and they informed me they where aware of the issue and said they did not know why it did this. Since the maps work fine, it has been left as is.
Garmin GPSMap 60cs, Dakota 20, Colorado 400t, Oregon 300/400t/450/550t/650/650t, Montana 650, Lowrance Endura Sierra, nuvi 3790, iPhone 3G/4/4s
Geocaching ID: Atlas Cached
OpenCaching.com Ambassador

korey99

Ok, thanks for the response.  It's no big deal, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong.  I have the same problem with the "Illinois Topo" maps, which give two copies on the map list.

Thanks again,
Korey

korey99

For what it's worth, I'm the OP from the original, and I wanted to report back that the problem the My Trails map has been resolved for me as well.  Thanks for the help.

Korey

mutterranch

I'm new to this site but I have to give credit to all the work done here and offered FREE to all of us. A huge THANKS to you all.
I downloaded "My Trails" to my OR 450 via BaseCamp. I would like to know why My Trails only showes up once on BaseCamp but three times on my 450. Everything seems to work fine as I've only enabled one My Trails on the 450.

Boyd

Welcome to the site. Evidently it is a known issue, but I'm a little unclear whether jbensman has corrected it in the newest version.

See this: http://forums.gpsfiledepot.com/index.php/topic,2453.0.html

mutterranch

Thanks Boyd,
I think I understand what caused the problem but is there anything I can do about the multiple copies? Or, do I just ignore it?

Boyd

The author is very active in the forums, so I think he'll be along soon with an answer. If not you can PM him here: http://forums.gpsfiledepot.com/index.php?action=profile;u=193

jbensman

This should be fixed in the most recent version.  Are you saying you have the most recent version and it is still showing up 3 times?  Download and run the installer again, resend it to your GPS, and let me know if it still shows up 3 times. 

mutterranch

I don't know if I have the most recent version or not. I just downloaded it last week. I will re-download/re-install in the next few days, when I get time.
Thanks for the help.

babj615

Quote from: mutterranch on November 04, 2011, 02:17:35 PM
I don't know if I have the most recent version or not. I just downloaded it last week.

It was just updated October 30th, so you likely do have an older version if it was from a week or more ago.

;-)

Garmin GPSMap 60cs, Dakota 20, Colorado 400t, Oregon 300/400t/450/550t/650/650t, Montana 650, Lowrance Endura Sierra, nuvi 3790, iPhone 3G/4/4s
Geocaching ID: Atlas Cached
OpenCaching.com Ambassador

mutterranch

I guess I lied about the next few days part. I couldn't stand the suspense so....
I re-downloaded and re- installed. Evedently that fixed the problem. I no longer have multiples. Thanks again.

z_statman

It has been fixed in the recently released update to the installer