GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Missing link to older Mapsource version

Started by woodstramp, October 23, 2011, 06:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodstramp

Got  a new computer...Successfully downloaded Basecamp and installed it.
Problem came when I downloaded the version of Mapsource from the link in the tutorial on how to install maps if your GPS didn't come with Mapsource..  Tried to run the downloaded version (6.16.3).   During the install, got a warning that "no previous version of mapsource could be found".   Install aborted. 

I seem to recall a link here that would allow you to download an older version of MS to avoid this problem.   Can't find it.  Memory tells me it was a 2.XX version.  I can't find a copy of the .exe for that old version on my old computer.

Also, I have never used Basecamp....do I even need Mapsource now?  I have a really old Garmin Legend.....can BC be used with it? Thanks.

-Oz-

You don't need MapSource with BaseCamp.  However once you install and open BaseCamp you should be able to install MapSource and it shouldn't give you that error.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Indrid Cold

MapSource has gone the way of the dodo. RIP MapSource.

woodstramp

Well, Oz...took your advice.....the booger just installed right up.  never would have thought that would work.  Thanks.

Ingrid,  MS may be a do-do, but I like the old bird.  :)

Boyd

FWIW, it wouldn't matter what version of Mapsource you tried. They will all give you that same error if the installer doesn't find any Garmin products on your computer. But installing Basecamp qualifies as a "product", as you just learned.  :)

Indrid Cold

Quote from: woodstramp on October 23, 2011, 08:00:15 PM
Ingrid,  MS may be a do-do, but I like the old bird.  :)
As well you should. I love my 'ol Kaypro, still running just fine.