GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

WI TOPO

Started by vach, October 19, 2011, 09:29:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vach

Anybody try and download the new WI TOPO?  Im a newbie, trying to install my first map,and followed the tutorials on installing basecamp, mapsource and the WI TOPO.  When I open basecamp and plug my Garmin Dakota 10 in it shows up in the devices like the tutorial says it should, but when I right click on it does not show any option to install map. Am I missing something, is there a different tutotrial?  The WItopo11 files show up in my program files, but can't open directly from there either.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

Seldom

Can you see the Topo in BaseCamp?
Image 3, here:
http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/how-to-open-maps-in-garmin-basecamp/
You should see WI Topo where it says Arizona Topo.

vach

I tried 2 ways.  Right click on Dakota device to install maps and I get an error message: Mapinstall did not find any installed products.  Also from the drop down menu on maps it only shows global maps and 1 other I can't remeber, but no WITOPO11.  This folder in my program folder contains many files but most are disk image files.  Install did take me thru the install wizard OK., but it's like Base Camp can't find the program files.

Help

maps4gps

Sounds like you have a PC running 64-bit Windows 7.  We have recently found there is an issue with mapsets using a 64-bit installer if a mapset using a 32-bit installer is not installed first.  Try installing 'My-trails...' first. if that is listed as installed, then uninstall WItopo11, then install it.  Remember to exit BaseCamp before installing a mapset as BC will only look for installed mapsets when it is started.

vach

The only maps listed under basecamp are Global and WW Autoroute basemap, I don't have my trails.  Yes I have Windows 7 running 64 bit

-Oz-

Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

vach

I installed my trails, downloaded it to my handheld, enabled it too.  All worked fine, but I see not topo lines, and only the major roads and rivers.

Seldom

Quote from: vach on October 19, 2011, 04:04:23 PM
but I see not topo lines, and only the major roads and rivers.

Where? In BaseCamp? In your GPSr?

vach

In my Dakota 10 gps.

Boyd

Check your profile setting on the Dakota. If it is not Recreational, switch to Recreational. If it is already Recreational, switch to another profile and then switch back.

-Oz-

did you send the Wi Topo as well as my trails.  If you didn't send it to the GPS it won't be there.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

vach

Done, no change.  Also changed map detail from normal to most.  That didn't work either.  Ive read every tutorial, and pushed every button on my GPS.  I'm lost.  You guys have been great offering tips, your knowledge is outstanding.  Sure has been frustrating for me though, I've got about 6 hours invested in trying to get a TOPO on my handheld.  I'll keep trying.

OZ.  I tried to send WITOPO 2 different ways but it would not go.  Now looking on my GPS I have 2 copies of my trails, but can't find a way to delete one.  Tried disabling 1, that didn't work either.

Seldom

Quote from: vach on October 19, 2011, 05:00:07 PM
In my Dakota 10 gps.
So WI topo looks fine in BaseCamp?

vach

I never was able to get witopo to open in basecamp, note the post about windows 7 running 64 bit.  Now that I look at my trails in base camp there is no detail there either, 20 black dots on a white feild.  Just like my GPS.

Seldom

Sounds like nothing is installing right. 

My Trails is a transparent map consisting of lines (the trails) and points (the points of interest).  If you zoom in to closer that 7 miles over the dots you should find some trails.

Can you see My Trails in BaseCamp?  Did you uninstall WI Topo after you installed My Trails?