GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Garmin Custom Map Display in Basecamp / multiple tiles

Started by eaparks, October 17, 2011, 11:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eaparks

I uploaded another Garmin Custom Map (Wilderness Trail OHV-Road Park) to GPSFileDepot that contains 2 tiles and the trails on the 2 tiles overlap some.  The map appears correctly on my Oregon 450 when I downloaded it to make sure I had a good upload.    But, when I open it in Basecamp V3.2.2 none of the trails appear in 1 of the tiles in the area where the 2 tiles overlap.  Is there a way to redo the map so all of the trails that are located in the overalpping area of the 2 tiles will display in Basecamp.  I tried making the draw order of 1 tile (1) and draw order of the other tile (0) and that didn't help so I changed the draw order of both tiles back to (0)

I'm not very familiar with Basecamp and frankly don't care for the way it is structured, but that is another story.  I'm an old user of Mapsource and much prefer the way it is structured.

I feel sure that the overlap problem is most likely due to the tiles not being transparent, with 1 being on top of the other.  I have uploaded other Garmin Custom Maps to GPSFileDepot that have multiple tiles and even though Basecamp says there is an error with the map it still displays the trails in the overlapping tiles area correctly.

Thank You for any suggestions.