GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Help on Downloading

Started by T. Hewett, October 12, 2011, 04:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T. Hewett

I have downloaded the NC Topo with no other programs running. Then I opened up basecamp and see no where to choose the download. I also went to view,map product, and the only option I have is a check box for global map. According to the tutorial this should work. What am I doing wrong??

Boyd

T. Hewett

I uninstalled and then reinstalled base camp. I still can not view the topo in basecamp. Anything else to try??

-Oz-

Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

T. Hewett

ok, now I have it in the drop down menu in basecamp but when I choose it there is nothing showing as far as maps. Do I have to have my garmin plugged in for the maps to show like when using birdseye?

Seldom

Quote from: T. Hewett on October 30, 2011, 04:43:25 PM
ok, now I have it in the drop down menu in basecamp but when I choose it there is nothing showing as far as maps. Do I have to have my garmin plugged in for the maps to show like when using birdseye?

What is "it"?  If it's My Trails, you need to zoom to 7 miles or less to see anything.  No, you don't need to have your Garmin plugged in to see maps from this site.

T. Hewett

Yes, it says My Trails but when I zoom to 7 miles or less it still shows nothing.

Seldom

Maybe there aren't any trails close to you.  Try zooming out to say 100 mi. with your detail set to "Highest".  You should see some dots.  Zoom in on the dots and you should find trails.

T. Hewett

I do see some dots but when I zoom in less than 7 miles just the dot is there. Anyway, I was needing topo and roads to go on a astro 320. Any suggestions??

Seldom

Have you tried re-installing topos for your area?

T. Hewett

Only the one for N.C. and it did not work. Should I try the one for the southeast.

Seldom

Quote from: T. Hewett on November 02, 2011, 02:59:14 PM
Only the one for N.C. and it did not work. Should I try the one for the southeast.
"Did not work" how? Does the name show up in the map products menu? If so, can you see anything on the map?

T. Hewett

When I download the N.C. topo it did not show up in the drop down menu even after I tried reinstalling.

Seldom

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.