GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Idaho Topo Maps?

Started by pgIdaho, September 19, 2008, 07:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pgIdaho

Hi All, First Bid Thanks to OZ for all you have done! Second I have been hoping somebody would do a map set for idaho but have yet to see anything.  Is anybody working on them?  A wile back somebody in Washington said they were on the GC.com site but I never heard anything more about it.  I would give it a try but I have the processing speed of a hamster on prozac, and pretty bad bandwidth as well.  I am mostly interested in the  Sawtooths area centered around N44 1.570 W 114 56.400     Thanks again to all that are working to make this kind of data available.  PG

-Oz-

I am compiling Hawaii now; I have to check my bandwidth (the net isn't so good where I am now) and I'll start working on either Oregon or Idaho next.  Considering that I've seen three requests for Idaho and it would "sync" nicely to Montana that will most likely be next.

Once I finish Hawaii (tomorrow barring any bugs) I'll test my download ability for the DEM files and let you know.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

pgIdaho

Thanks Oz, I  appreciate you working on all of this.  I read through your tutorials and they are great. No problem understanding them.  I just don't have the space or speed to handle that mush data.  Thanks again for taking a look.  On a side note are you still in MISS...... if so 30 53.594N 88 37.382W and go hungry!   PG

-Oz-

Hehe, nope, long gone from Miss... I'm now in Anchorage, Alaska.  But anyway; Idaho is officially the next map.  I'm going to start downloading the DEM data tomorrow.
Dan Blomberg
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

pgIdaho

monfort

I downloaded the DEM for Idaho and then found out that none of my computers has enough memory to do the job.  If you send me an address, I'll send the DVDs with the DEM.  If interested, let me know at:  [email protected] (change the g to a q).

Mike

-Oz-

Quote from: monfort on September 23, 2008, 07:51:20 PM
I downloaded the DEM for Idaho and then found out that none of my computers has enough memory to do the job.  If you send me an address, I'll send the DVDs with the DEM.  If interested, let me know at:  [email protected] (change the g to a q).

Mike
Mike,

Thank you very much for the offer.  If I wasn't in-between places to live right now since I just got here I would totally take you up on it but I don't have a steady enough address at this point.  Thanks a lot though.  I am just over half done getting the files so that is good though.

Dan
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!