GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

streams don't show on TOPO

Started by texastomek, September 23, 2011, 06:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texastomek

My OR 450 refuses to show streams on the general state TOPOs. Larger bodies of of water are shown but streams and creeks are labeled but not shown a thin blue line. They do appear on the computer when I open the map with MatSource or BaseCamp. What gives???

Boyd

Check your profile setting. If not set for Recreational, change it. If already set to Recreational, switch to another one, then switch back to Recreational. There is a bug related to profiles, and if that's the problem, this procedure usually fixes it.

Otherwise, not sure what is happening. Have you disabled any other maps that are installed?

texastomek

Thanks, Boyd. That fixed it. That's definitely odd (and annoying). I definitely wouldn't have figured that out on my own.

Boyd

Glad that worked.... just a wild guess on my part. I can't understand why Garmin hasn't fixed this because the bug has been around for years.  ???

Seldom

Had a similar problem when my OR300 wouldn't show ground cover.  There was an "advanced setting" that let me turn ground cover on.

jkdees99

I am new to this but have the same problem as the OP.  I have a Garmin 60cx but on the basecamp it doesn't even show rivers other than a thin blue line.  Is that because it is not included on the Texas topo or is it something I need to change?

Seldom

jkdees99, right click the top gray bar of the BaseCamp window and select the Detail Level checkbox.  That will create a dropdown menu with detail level options low to high.  Set detail for medium or higher. 

Also try Ctrl-G twice.

Boyd

Quote from: jkdees99 on December 25, 2011, 04:01:08 PM
on the basecamp it doesn't even show rivers other than a thin blue line.

Just to be clear, what do you mean by "on the basecamp"? Are you talking about viewing the map using BaseCamp software on your computer? Or are you talking about how the map looks on your 60csx?