Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

GPSFileDepot: New Design/upgrades

Started by -Oz-, September 18, 2011, 12:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Oz-

We have the same version...

This is how it looks to me.

Do you have compatibility mode on (i put a box around the compatibility mode button).
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Seldom

Quote from: maps4gps on September 19, 2011, 11:16:04 AM
IE9
version 9.0.8112.16421
update versions 9.0.2

That is some strange version number.
My IE9 matches yours exactly.

eaparks

OZ,  The new look for GPSFileDepot looks very good and professional, nice upgrade. Thanks for all of the time and effort you put into the site.

I have noticed that when I view an individual's map, in the "Map Information" box there is no name listed beside the "Created By" telling you who made the map.  I have viewed several maps and all maps I have looked at no longer list the map creators name.

On a similiar but seperate issue; on the "Garmin Compatible Custom Maps" page, in the "New User Start Here" box if you select to search for maps using "maps by creator" then you get a tally of all the maps by an individual but without any Creator's names.

Again, nice job on the new look.

maps4gps

QuoteDo you have compatibility mode on (i put a box around the compatibility mode button).

That did it.  Looks great OZ.

-Oz-

@eaparks: Those errors have been fixed; part of the major forum upgrade.  Thanks for the compliments and finding the errors.

Glad its working for you map4gps; I'll try to add some conditional css to work with IE 7 (that is what compatibility mode drops you down to).
Dan Blomberg
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

-Oz-

Quote from: jbensman on September 18, 2011, 08:39:28 PM
I like the look of things!  Great job!

By any chance has the problem with uploading big maps locking up been fixed? 
I'm working on upgrading the upload; we'll see if that fixes it.  I'll let you know when its up.
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!

Boyd

I see a minor bug on the map page where additional maps by the same author are listed. For example: http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/28

Notice that it says "Other Maps By (See All)". Really, it should say "Other Maps By Oz (See All)." This problem seems to exist on all the map pages I've seen, regardless of author.

babj615

ALSO:

If you navigate to Maps:All and scroll down to "Chattnooga, TN Bike Trails - Raccoon Mtn., Booker T. Washington St. Park, Enterprise S. Nature Park, TN River Walk" you can see where the check boxes are all out of line for this map and the one after it due to the long name.

This is repeated several times for all maps with long title names.

Garmin GPSMap 60cs, Dakota 20, Colorado 400t, Oregon 300/400t/450/550t/650/650t, Montana 650, Lowrance Endura Sierra, nuvi 3790, iPhone 3G/4/4s
Geocaching ID: Atlas Cached
OpenCaching.com Ambassador

Boyd

I don't see that issue on Firefox 3 under Vista. There are several map names too long to fit in the column, but they wrap around to a second line and do not affect the alignment of the checkboxes.

babj615

I use both Firefox and Chrome, both are the latest versions, and this is what I see:

Garmin GPSMap 60cs, Dakota 20, Colorado 400t, Oregon 300/400t/450/550t/650/650t, Montana 650, Lowrance Endura Sierra, nuvi 3790, iPhone 3G/4/4s

Boyd

I dunno why, but I don't see that problem here on Firefox 3.0.15 under Vista 64...

Seldom

Are either or both of you using full screens or windows?

babj615

Quote from: Seldom on September 27, 2011, 11:54:35 AM
Are either or both of you using full screens or windows?
My images where cropped, and my smallest monitor is 1680 wide. These images are all taken in full screen mode.

I even updated to Firefox 7 just a couple hours ago and they still show the same.

Boyd

Makes no difference in either full screen or windowed mode for me, since the active part of the GPSFileDepot window is a fixed width.

Seldom

Just installed Firefox 7.  No difference from Firefox 6.  My monitor's 1080x1920. Nvidia video card.   Screen windowed or full screen.   My Chattanooga bike trails look like babj615's.