GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

bummed - my new 62S died after 2 days

Started by marathonman, May 24, 2011, 08:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marathonman

I had been saving up and finally bit the bullet and bought a 62s.  It worked like a charm for a couple of days as I loaded maps, got ready for a trip...

Last night, I turned it on and just about after 10 seconds, the screen faded and then went dark.  Of course, I thought the batteries were dead.  I checked them 1.48 volts.  So I put in brand new alkalines.  Still the same result.

If I'm doing something wrong, please tell me.  Otherwise, I think I got a lemon and it's going back to REI.

Question - Until now, I've been relying on maps, compass and my Forerunner 305.  Should I forget the new GPS altogether and go buy some cool new Danner boots? :)

maps4gps

I have heard REI has a very good return policy.   If it is from a local REI store, exchange it.
Forerunner or boots is your call.

babj615

Garmin GPSMap 60cs, Dakota 20, Colorado 400t, Oregon 300/400t/450/550t/650/650t, Montana 650, Lowrance Endura Sierra, nuvi 3790, iPhone 3G/4/4s
Geocaching ID: Atlas Cached
OpenCaching.com Ambassador

margo

I have ordered a garmin astro 320 to use with my doggies. I wonder if the 62wiki would apply to it, it's supposed to be based in the 62.