GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

oregon 450 bare wire car adapter

Started by ODX, September 11, 2011, 04:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ODX

I'm looking to wire in an adapter onto my ATV since I've replaced my 60cx with my new Ore 450 and they don't use the same end. Does anyone know if Garmin makes a barewire adapter for the 450.

I haven't been able to locate one specifically for the 450.

thanks
Phillip
'nuff said!

ODX

well I'm waiting to hear back from garmin...
'nuff said!

babj615

Can you not just get the Garmin Cigarette Lighter Adapter and wire a Female Plug from Radio Shack into your ATV?

You are going to need to retain the 5v Voltage Regulator in the Cigarette Plug Adapter....
Garmin GPSMap 60cs, Dakota 20, Colorado 400t, Oregon 300/400t/450/550t/650/650t, Montana 650, Lowrance Endura Sierra, nuvi 3790, iPhone 3G/4/4s
Geocaching ID: Atlas Cached
OpenCaching.com Ambassador

ODX

yep I could do that, but I'm a fanactic when It comes to my wiring it has to look factory installed. I already have started to build my own it should be done tomorrow with regulator....it would of been nice just to buy one but its more fun to build it....

thanks for the suggestion though
'nuff said!

ODX

Quote from: Indrid Cold on September 13, 2011, 02:31:31 AM
They have one of course:
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=26668

I saw that one, but the 450 wasn't on the capability list and the 8-36v kind of worried me. since it should be about 5v...
'nuff said!

Boyd

Clearly Garmin just hasn't updated the compatibility list correctly. It shows compatibility with every Oregon Model but the 450 as well as Montana, Dakota, GPSMap 62....

ODX

That might be the case Boyd ;), Mines almost done just need to get off my Lazy butt and go finish it and install it, Just some soldering left to do. And then test & install.
'nuff said!

ODX

ok its done and its tested and working like a charm, need to put the final touches on it, then install will post pics whhen its all said and installed.
'nuff said!

Indrid Cold

Quote from: ODX on September 13, 2011, 07:01:00 AM
They have one of course:

I saw that one, but the 450 wasn't on the capability list and the 8-36v kind of worried me. since it should be about 5v...
That's the input voltage from your source. The USB output voltage is +5VDC.

ODX

Quote from: Indrid Cold on September 13, 2011, 10:11:54 AM
Quote from: ODX on September 13, 2011, 07:01:00 AM
They have one of course:

That's the input voltage from your source. The USB output voltage is +5VDC.

yep you're right, I skimmed over it to fast and didn't catch "input" lol,  well mine is done and it  didn't come close to costing me $36 and no extra data wires to deal with

appreciate the correction
'nuff said!

ODX

ok its all done and installed
in the 1st pic is the unit itself
2nd pic is the install (can you find the box and the wiring? Its actually hooked up to a factory power port that is unused on the ATV so its all fused in the factory system not to mention the circuit board has a small fuse soldered to the board
The last pic shows the GPS running on Vehicle power...
'nuff said!