GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Basecamp on Windows 7 64 bit

Started by pumphouse, September 09, 2011, 02:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pumphouse

I'm having trouble loading maps that I download from this site to my Oregon 450.

I ran the installer for the "Minnesota Topo" and then ran Basecamp.   Basecamp sees my purchased 24k Midwest topo but not the free Minnesota topo.   I installed Mapsource with the same results - no Minnesota topo.

Googling around , it appears that it may be related to my Windows 7 64 bit PC.    Any advice?

Seldom

Try installing My Trails.  It's available here:
http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/53
After you install it, both your MN topo and My Trails may be there.
My trails has been known to fix certain installations because it has a 32 bit installer.

pumphouse

That worked fine!  Thanks very much.  :)

I see that advice was already on this forum - next time I'll search this forum better.

ramja

Just want to chime in with a thanks to everyone here. Just got a 1390LMT and immediately ran into the Win 7 64 Basecamp Map install issue. The My Trails solution works great!

-Oz-

I am working on figuring out why the other installers are having issues.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

n2stitch

My husband, trying to be nice, just bought me a new laptop, with Windows 7 64-bit.  Unfortunately, even when I try to install "My Trails", I run into a problem with Mapsource.  The map shows in the dropdown, but when I select it, it pops up with an error message and closes.  As long as I leave it on a Garmin map, Mapsource works ok.

Any more suggestions?  I'm about to throw this damn thing into the horse's water trough so I can keep using my old desktop.  Did I mention I hate Windows 7, and I hate new computers?

n2stitch

Disregard - I had forgotten to update my Mapsource to 6.13.7 after I installed it.  Custom maps now working!

harrismt420

So if this doesn't fix the problem, are there any other known fixes?
I still can't see anything in MapSource, BaseCamp does show some, but not all maps I've downloaded.

Thanks for the help

Seldom

Quote from: harrismt420 on February 01, 2012, 05:49:29 PM
So if this doesn't fix the problem, are there any other known fixes?
I still can't see anything in MapSource, BaseCamp does show some, but not all maps I've downloaded.

Thanks for the help

What problem does "this" not fix? Have you installed MyTrails?  What version of Mapsource are you using?  What maps don't show in BaseCamp?  What maps do show?

maps4gps

Depends on what you mean by 'if this' and if your situation is exactly the same.
You need to be specific (as I see Seldom has just posted).

In the past we have uncessarily used large amounts of time assisting people who have been having problems to find that they were not describing the issue properly or had not mentioned critical information.

I believe the only mapsets currently downloadable from gpsfiledepot which have the 64-bit installer issue are the State topo mapsets I uploaded in May & June, 2011.  If you are having an issue with other mapsets, it would likely be something else.  You need to be specific.

-Oz-

Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

newbie gps man

I have the same problem but different.  I also have Windows 7 and Basecamp doesn't recognize the maps.  I don't want to use the MyTrails because I'm in Utah and it doesn't cover Utah.  I downloaded the Utah topo 2011 and can't get it to show on BaseCamp.  Any ideas?????

Boyd

Just download and install the myTrails map, it is usually the simplest fix for the problem. You don't actually have to "use" the map and it won't do any harm having it installed.

dhwitton

Basecamp 4.1.2 running on 64 bit Windows 7 Pro.
I'm having a problem selecting a subset of the maps in the Idaho Topos I downloaded from your site. I get as far as step 7 in your "How to load maps..." tutorial - when I attempt to select the maps, they don't tun pink as described. I have installed My Trails as other have suggested, but that didn't resolve my problem...

Seldom

Sounds like a preview map problem.  Contact the map author.  Do you have the same problem with other maps from this site?