Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

City navigator errors

Started by Monstel, August 30, 2011, 11:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monstel

Hello all,

I would very much appreciate some help!

About one year ago I purchased a GPSMap 62s and use it for car navigation using the (routable) City Navigator 2010 maps of the Western part of Europe. With the right settings (car navigation, fastest route, etc) the system mostly works fine for car-navigation but sometimes makes significant and rather stupid errors.
In that situation the GPSMap 62s proposes a route where it typically leaves the motorway and even wants me to go through busy cities for no reason thus introducing major delays. Clearly not the shortest time route and rather annoying.
I wonder whether this is related to some special setting I am not aware of or whether this is a known issue.
Many thanks for your help!
Regards,
Monstel

Indrid Cold

Hard to say as that map isn't from this site. You might be better off contacting Garmin on this.

Boyd

Sounds like routing issues similar to the ones that have been discussed at length here: http://forums.gpsreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=13967

I agree though, this is a Garmin support issue and the forums here are to discuss issues related to making and using third party maps that are generally free.

Seldom

Make sure you have the routing options on your 62s set to Car/Motorcycle NOT Pedestrian or Bicycle.