GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

cgpsmapper warning

Started by rickvr, March 05, 2009, 08:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickvr

I hate to be a pest, I have asked this question before. When processing .MP files with cgpsmapper I kept getting this, "warning: element should not be 0". I have determined that the problem is with the tiger data since it doesn't happen with contours or water data. I've check about 2 dozen lines in the .MP file that show this warning, they all look similar to this.

[RGN40]
Type=Invisible Boundary
RegionName=37
Data0=(35.812706,-77.451753),(35.812428,-77.452888),(35.812396,-77.453021),(35.813033,-77.456329),(35.813254,-77.457477)
[END]

The line number in question appears in front of [END].
"Type=Invisible Boundary" is common in all lines in question
I'm using Globalmapper but I'm not following the tutorial exactly. Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong or how to correct this. Thanks in advance, Rick

maps4gps

Census uses 'Invisible Boundary' to seperate areas which have some meaning to Census but which do not have an actual physical feature on the ground.  GlobalMapper does not have a specific 'feature type' for this and probably considers is 'unknow', which goes to a .mp file as a '0' element.  In some versions of cgpsmapper, this was OK, but Stan changed that.  Your .img files are being created, aren't they?  The features which have the '0' (unknown mp_type) element are just not being included in the .img file.  Unless you have a need to know where certain types of Census boundaries are, you probably would not want these invisible lines anyway.

If you really wanted them, you could alter GlobalMapper to output them as some existing type, or create a custom type for them and the necessary file for cgpsmapper to recognize them.