GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Downtime

Started by Indrid Cold, August 28, 2011, 05:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indrid Cold

Apologies for the downtime earlier today (28 Aug 11). This site was not hacked but the nameservers had issues directly you to the correct site. Please enjoy GPSFileDepot.

jbensman

Everything works fine on my laptop-I did not have it on yesterday.

On my desktop I still get redirected to the other site whenever I go to the main page.  If I use a link to go to my maps,it works.  If I click on home now, it goes to the other website.  How do I clear this out of my computer?  I've tried refresh and closign and starting Windows explorer.

Indrid Cold

I had the same thing happen until I flushed my browser cache

jbensman

I tried that and it still does not look.  Every time I get a loading  ... then the wedding site.

Indrid Cold

Quote from: jbensman on August 29, 2011, 10:24:51 AM
I tried that and it still does not look.  Every time I get a loading  ... then the wedding site.
I think you have to (on Window) go to the control panel and under Internet, delete the temporary files where ever the setting is. Somewhere, somehow, it's using the older files where as the laptop is OK as it didn't touch them.

jbensman

I am about to go crazy on this-I've spent 3 hours already trying to undo whatever that site did to my computer and nothing works.  I bet I am not the only one with this problem. 

I am running Vista with IE9.

I've cleared the cache, I've cleared history, I've rebooted, I've rebooted my modem. I removed my short cut.  I've tried reseting stuff with IE closed from control panel.  I've checked to check for a new version of the page on each visit.  I experimented with some advanced settings for international servers.  Nothing works!!  It is driving me crazy!

If I click on any link on this site other than home it works.  If I click on a link of my maps on this site it works.  But if I go to www.gpsfiledepot.com I get that other site. If I am on this site and click on home, it goes to the other site.   I get a message in the upper left hand window saying loading please wait for a couple of seconds then the other site loads.

If I go to browsing history, view files, a file with the name of that website appears.  I delete it but it still goes back to that site and the file reappears. 

jbensman

Well I finally got it working.  There were 2 files that kept showing up for that website, one was an url and the other was an ico.  I got the site to come up and then shut down IE.  Then I opened IE options via Control Panel and first went to show all files and sorted by last accessed and those two files with the last two.  I deleted them.  Then I went to delete all files.  And it worked.  I had previously went to control panel and deleted all files but I did not go delete those two files first.  I certianly don't understand it.  But I am glad it is over!

Indrid Cold

What an ordeal.  :-\

Glad to see that you sorted it all out.

JoeMT

"maps added/updated in the last 30 days" link still takes me to Hawaii, even after deleting all temporary internet files, cookies, & browsing history...   solution?

jbensman

Quote from: JoeMT on August 30, 2011, 06:58:47 AM
"maps added/updated in the last 30 days" link still takes me to Hawaii, even after deleting all temporary internet files, cookies, & browsing history...   solution?

Did you try what worked for me? 

1) Go to the bad site.
2) Close IE
3) Open Internet Options in Control Panel
4) On Browsing Hisdtory, setting, view files, sort by last accessed, delete the 2 files from that web site
5) Then go and delete the files. 

Does anyone understand what has cuased the probem?

-Oz-

I'm sure the people running the nameservers understood the issue but they refused to release the reasoning (at least to me).

The site it was redirecting to is on the same nameservers.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!