GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Basecamp Display Question

Started by Buzz Waxwing, August 27, 2011, 09:42:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Waxwing

Is there a way to disable to the little "pop up balloons" that appear as you move the cursor around the map.  Maybe I just don't understand but when I am trying to make a route sometimes I can't even see the road or trail I would like to follow because of those information balloons.  Also when you are trying to create a route is there a way to make the program follow a specific road or trail without having to manually make so many points on a trail with a lot of turns?  Thanks

Seldom

Quote from: Buzz Waxwing on August 27, 2011, 09:42:51 AM
Also when you are trying to create a route is there a way to make the program follow a specific road or trail without having to manually make so many points on a trail with a lot of turns?  Thanks
If you have a routable map you should be able to add one via point per road/trail to force the route to follow the route you want.  If the map's not routable, and most here aren't, your best option is probably to trace a track and track back.  jbensman has several refinements to this process to add elevation data as well.