GPSFileDepot.com

Maps not showing up in Mapsource after running install program

Started by rahzim, August 23, 2011, 04:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rahzim

Hi,
I just downloaded the NM Topo map installer and after running it I open up mapsource and there is no drop down menu to select the map.  I've alredy made sure to select show all products and there is a no map message under the view menu for show products. 
   If I try to use basecamp to view the map it says nmtopo was not installed correctly.  I've uninstalled/reinstalled the map with the installed several times, as well as reinstalled mapsource with no luck.  I've also tried with arizono topo installer, no luck. 

I'm doing this on a brand new laptop....not sure what else to try.  Any ideas would be MUCH appreciated.

- Tim

-Oz-

What is the exact error from basecamp?  In mapsource right click in the top area and make sure the toolbar that lets you view the maps is there.  What operating system and 32/64 bit?
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Rmorr

I'm having the same problem with the NM Topo on my PC.  I just downloaded and installed BaseCamp and Mapsource in that order, and then the map.  I also don't have any drop downs.  I know I'm running Windows 7 but have no idea if it's 32 or 64 bit. 

As with the OP, thanks for any help you can provide.

maps4gps

Likely any PC purchased in the past 3 years is 64 bit.

Try control panel / system  - system type

The issue appears to be with the 64-bit installer; solution is to install an mapset using an older (32 bit installer), i.e. My-trails.

Boyd

I think he got it working, but never bothered to follow up....

http://forums.gpsfiledepot.com/index.php/topic,2303.msg13349.html#new

Quote from: Rmorr on September 03, 2011, 11:09:57 AM
Yes Boyd that's the map.  I uninstalled it, installed My Trails and then downloaded the NM Topo again and I've just checked Mapsource and can open it!