GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Reason for trip odometer showing incorrect distance on Oregon450

Started by rasherry, January 04, 2013, 06:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rasherry

My Oregon450 has resorted to adding the distance from the previous place I turned the unit on to my current track.  I have tried resetting the trip data and current track just before I start, I have taken the batteries out and put back in, then reset and I still get the same result.  Once I reset the trip computer shows 0 in the odometer but once I get started and look at the GPS, the mileage  adds on the distance from the last place that I used it.

Any thoughts?

Seldom

At the end of your current track save the track and then clear the current track.  That way you will have an empty track when you turn the unit on the next time.  The tracklog and trip computer distance aren't the same thing.  You need to reset each separately.

rasherry

Thanks for the reply.  I'll try that but I would think there would be a way to clear it out so that if I forget to clear my current track right away it wouldn't show up next time I turn the unit on.

The problem only started showing up since I replaced my unit a couple of months back.  Prior to that I never had a problem with it.