GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

My first Mac Upload

Started by Seldom, July 27, 2011, 09:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seldom

I uploaded a Mac version of Desert Southwest about a month after I uploaded the PC version, but the Mac doesn't show up on the download dialog.  I recall having a PC/Mac choice in the original map upload dialog, but it doesn't appear to be there now.

-Oz-

In Your Account>Manage Maps there is an Upload Windows file link and then an Upload Mac File
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Seldom

Oz, that's what I did.  AFIK the Mac file uploaded successfully, but it didn't get indicated on the "Desert Southwest" map download dialog.  I went to Manage Maps. Then I selected the uploaded a Mac map dialog.

Indrid Cold

Did you put a [Download] tag on your page?

QuoteTo link to your download just put [DOWNLOAD] and the system will add the link for you. If this is an externally hosted map putting [DOWNLOAD] will place a link to your website but if you want to link to it otherwise you can and not include a [DOWNLOAD].

Seldom

Just added two [Download] tags.  Both pointed to the Windows Version.  Also, no "Mac" Icon next to the "Installer" icon.

Indrid Cold

Just put it on the page once, then reupload your Mac file.

You might also want to check your images on the page, two are not displaying.

Seldom

Mac upload finished, thanks.
All I have on the page are two images, one of the Grand Canyon and one of Henrieville, UT.

Indrid Cold

Quote from: seldom_sn on July 28, 2011, 12:34:01 PM
Mac upload finished, thanks.
All I have on the page are two images, one of the Grand Canyon and one of Henrieville, UT.
There is something after the download, maybe some open tags. You're really not going to make me turn my computer on to check the code are you?

Seldom

Fraid I don't know how to fix the tags myself. :-\

Indrid Cold

Quote from: seldom_sn on July 28, 2011, 04:47:18 PM
Fraid I don't know how to fix the tags myself. :-\

ok, I'll give it a look see.

-Oz-

I see the mac and PC download links.

I fixed the images.  You can't use the [img] version on the maps pages. You have to just use the url.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!