GPSFileDepot.com

Mapsource Registry File error suspected when downloading Montana Landowner TOPO

Started by Hunting Havoc, February 26, 2009, 06:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunting Havoc

I know I must be missing some basic step in transferring the Montana Landowner TOPO from this site into my Mapsource Program from the 2008 Garmin US TOPO CD.  I have Mapsource running fine using the maps provided with the Garmin US TOPO.  I followed the instructions from this site which shows how to create the Custom folder, copy the zipped filed in and click on the .reg file inside the MT Landowner TOPO folder.  Mapsource asks if you are sure you want to "add the information"... .reg to the registry.  If you select no, it stops the process if you enter yes then presumably it does edit the registry files.  However, as soon as I do this Mapsource will no longer run and it reports a " there is a problem with the mapsource program, please reinstall the program."  I have done this by trying everything I can think of including to unzip the folder first, selecting "open with" to see if there is some other option. Everytime it results in causing a Mapsource error.  I am able to reload the Mapsource program but only after having talked to Garmin Technical support where they directed me to manually go into the "regedit" protocol and manually delete the Garmin Folders in two of the software folders.  This does allow me to get Mapsource up and running again after reinstalling the program but as soon as I try to transfer the MT Landowner TOPO folder in again, the same problem occurs.     Any help would be appreciated, losing too much sleep thinking about this.  Hunting Havoc

-Oz-

Don't lose anymore sleep, in less than 24hrs I'll have an installer for it; just can't get it done tonight.

Its likely that the map isn't programmed yet for the new version of MapSource.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

-Oz-

download it again and try it now.

No installer yet but I changed the name of the file so it should work; I'll still try to work out an installer tomorrow.
Dan Blomberg
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Hunting Havoc

I'll download it today and give it a try tonight.  thanks much.  Hunting Havoc. 

-Oz-

download it now if you just want an installer that makes it super duper easy; it just finished uploading.
Dan Blomberg
See/Download My Maps!