GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

US States & Counties Boundaries Map

Started by Lost kevin, February 25, 2009, 07:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost kevin

The overlay works great on my Garmin GPS276C.
Any way to change the color of the county boundary lines?
Thanks

-Oz-

It'd have to be a custom type and I"m not even 100% sure that would work on that map.

If you have something in mind I might be able to try it for you.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Lost kevin

I'm not looking to change different boundaries to different colors.
I would like to see all the boundary lines changes to red or blue.
I think this would make them stand out more on the maps.
Does this help? would this make it possible to do?
Thanks

Lost kevin

Can anyone tell me if they can change the color of the States and Counties map??

-Oz-

I'll work on it this week (sorry, 12hr+ shifts so I can't give a more definitive time).
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

Lost kevin

OZ, any luck on the mapping mods for me??
I hate it when work gets in the way of fun!!!!
Thanks

bob620

I got the US States and Counties overlay on my nuvi1450 and it shows the county lines.  But it doesn't tell me the names of the counties I am entering.  Any comments?

maps4gps

Oz will have to say for sure.
I expect the source data was Census TIGER state/county polygons.  These were converted to (boundary) lines.  At best you get two lines along the common boundaries (one from each county); which name (county) will display seams to be random.  At worst, the converting program
may scramble the names. 

Boyd

The 1200/1300/1400/1600 series nuvi is pretty notorious for not displaying the names of anything. I spent awhile tweaking my NJ map to look as good as possible on a 1350 and it does not render the map the same as previous model Nuvi's.

Try zooming way in - like 120 feet -  on the boundary lines and maybe you will see a label when browsing the map. Unfortunately, there aren't any settings on the Nuvi to control this sort of thing.