Main Menu

Problem with cGPSMapper

Started by savage, August 06, 2008, 03:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Oz-

Quote from: savage on August 10, 2008, 04:26:10 AM
I think some of the "Unknown Area" are coming from the nps_boundary.shp
Could you check it for MA?
Did you download http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tools/nps_boundary.zip  I actually had forgot to upload it until Friday when I tried to download it and realized it didn't exist.  I just opened it an everything has a MP_TYPE but if you want to check the one you have open it in Global Mapper and then go to Search>search by attributes, names, descriptions; there should be a column called MP_TYPE and every single one should have 0x14 in it.  If it doesn't download the new one (linked above) and check that.

Hopefully that'll solve the issues.  I look forward to seeing your map.  I am just waiting for the USGS NHD people to email me the rest of the water data for new mexico then I just need to compile it; everything is processed.

Do you have another state you're going to work on next?  I have a program I've been working on that make making maps much much faster and if you want to test it out I'll send it your way.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

savage

Ok that was my mistake! I checked the MP files do not have any Unknown Area and the cGPSmapper is running. Let's wait and see!

My next state is going to be Maine. I did Massachusetts because I live there and it is easier to test on my Garmin. Now that I am almost done with MA, I think ME is going to be easier.

Sure if you have better software I will be happy to try it out.

-Oz-

I sent you an email with the program; let me know what you think.

Glad its working.  Once you make the setup for it make sure to post it :)
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!