GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

nu2hike: How Do I Change Which Map I'm Viewing?

Started by nu2hike, June 18, 2011, 07:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nu2hike

I'm having the same problem! When I go to the area I'm searching and zoom to 800ft I get no topo date! The back ground is black! Whats up with that?

maps4gps

You likely have the GPSr set to night mode; or auto (day/night) mode and using it a night.

nu2hike

When I scroll to area where I know I have maps it shows my waypoint flags that I havenetered for that area, but no topo maps, just black. Not using any sort of nite mode that I'm aware of! On some of the maps I can get more details ie topo, but not all!

Seldom

Quote from: nu2hike on June 19, 2011, 08:39:53 AM
When I scroll to area where I know I have maps it shows my waypoint flags that I havenetered for that area, but no topo maps, just black. Not using any sort of nite mode that I'm aware of! On some of the maps I can get more details ie topo, but not all!

Do you have a map installed for your local area, so you don't have to pan to get to it?  If not, download one and see if it works on you GPSr.  Which GPSr do you have?  Can you see the map in MapSource or BaseCamp?  Do you know how to enable/disable maps on your GPSr?  How did you transfer them from your computer to your GPSr?  Is your GPSr a Garmin?