GPSFileDepot.com

News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Water Detail

Started by hawk, June 14, 2011, 04:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawk

I downloaded NewEngland Topo and Maine Topo to BaseCamp then sent NE Topo to my 78S. The small streams that show in BC do not show up on the 78S. Lakes and ponds show up as white on the 78S but no sm. streams show at all. Anyone have any idea whats up w/this.?

maps4gps

Were you zoom-in to the 500 ft level on the GPSr?

Are you in marine mode?

Seldom

I don't have any experience with a 78s, but this sounds similar to a problem I had with ground cover on my OR300.  It wasn't showing until I found Setup|Map|Advanced Map Settings|Zoom Levels.  There I was able to adjust display settings for map points, user waypoints, street labels, and ground cover.

hawk

Quote from: maps4gps on June 14, 2011, 04:51:12 PM
Were you zoom-in to the 500 ft level on the GPSr?

Are you in marine mode?

Thank you very much for your reply. I had Marine Mode turned on,turned it off and there are the streams and they are BLUE by golly.

Boyd

The Oregon also has a bug (or is it a "feature"?) related to profile settings. Choose the recreational profile on your 78s and see if that helps.

jangeo67

make sure you have DETAIL set to MOST in your settings and MARINE settings are OFF.
George Carey

maps4gps

Quote from: jangeo67 on June 15, 2011, 03:47:27 AM
make sure you have DETAIL set to MOST

Doing so will usually result in an very cluttered display.
While individual preferences and detail in the source data can varry, it is usually best to leave the setting at NORMAL.
Most non-overlay mapsets have the data in 3 or 4 levels of detail.  As you zoom-in the more detailed data (both in number of coordinates defining the lines/area and the types of features) will display.  Using most detailed would be like having a printed map at a scale of 1:100,00 show everything on a 1:24,000 scale map.

Boyd

Hmm, I almost always set detail to MOST on all my different Garmin units and don't really find a lot of problems...