News:

Welcome to GPSFileDepot!

Main Menu

Loading IBYCUS USA to MAPSOURCE problems

Started by wrkn2mch, February 18, 2009, 10:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhaas

Dan,
I was half awake and half asleep while trying to load these maps... I am in and this is great stuff.  On to the next system...  Looking for maps of lakes and water.

Thank you for you alls support.

Joseph

K5LDA

I'm new here - Very interesting reading!  I am downloading the current version of IBYCUS USA (Windows) now.  My version of Mapsource  is 2.02.    Will they work together and will I need the 2.01 patch?  Also, should I update to the latest Mapsource version?

-Oz-

you should get the 2.01 patch.  I don't think mapsource 2.02 will work, but i'm not sure how there was a 2.02.  For MapSource if I go to Help>About I have version 6.15.4.  You'll need 6.13.X+.
Dan Blomberg
Administrator - GPSFileDepot
GPS Units: Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin GPSMap 60csx, Nuvi 255W, Nuvi 250W, ForeRunner 110, Fenix 2, Tactix Bravo, Foretrex 401
See/Download My Maps!

K5LDA

It does work as is.  Okay, I will get the patch and update Mapsource and see if any difference. 

Larry

davesax36

I've got the 2.01 patch, the USA1.3 file installed, and mapsource running. I am getting the TigerData error as well as soon as I restart mapsource to refresh the map list. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall both to make it work? This is frustrating because I feel like I got so close and messed something up. Thanks in advance, guys.

Indrid Cold

Quote from: davesax36 on August 11, 2009, 02:31:25 PM
I've got the 2.01 patch, the USA1.3 file installed, and mapsource running. I am getting the TigerData error as well as soon as I restart mapsource to refresh the map list. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall both to make it work? This is frustrating because I feel like I got so close and messed something up. Thanks in advance, guys.
I think you are going to want to remove the v1.3 and use the v2.xx set.

davesax36

I don't want to seem like an idiot, but I can only find the USA ver1.3 in my torrent search. Google didn't really help much either. I must be bad at the internet or something. can someone post a link that will get me where I need to go? I'm working on the Canada Topo maps for my father-in-law as well.
thanks

davesax36

davesax36

just kidding. I found the V2 maps, but I don't know that the 1.3s are really gone from my computer. An uninstall and reinstall of mapsource yielded the same tigerdata error as yesterday. This is all after having deleted every trace (that I know how to find) of the 1.3 maps. Installing the Canada Topo map did nothing to allow mapsource to open either. Where can I find another version of the Tigerdata file so that I can at least try that while I wait another 4 hours to finish downloading the USA maps? Or is there still something that I'm missing?

davesax36

ok, now I'm really going nuts. Downloaded IbycusUSA20, installed. Mapsource no worky. Ran ibycus update2.1 (or whatever it is). Mapsource no worky (still TigerData error). Uninstall and reinstall mapsource, same error. Yesterday I'd uninstalled and deleted ALL ibycus files from my machine and mapsource was giving me the tigerdata error. What did I do?

Indrid Cold

you most likely need to use MapSetToolkit to remove the registry entries (etc.) from v1.3 or whatever map is giving you grief.

davesax36

OK. So mapsettoolkit shows the following for tigerdata :  Products\TigerData -- TDB-- File not Found
Products\Tigerdata -- Bmap -- File not found. Products\Tigerdata -- LOC -- OK.  So it seems that just the tigerdata files that I need to have access to have been deleted or moved or something. Where do I get new ones or should I just click uninstall on those two that are "not found" and try to run stuff again. I was under the impression that the TigerData files were needed to run the various Garmin stuff as well, since that's the error that I am getting.

davesax36

How about this one. I found the two files and restored them, but the TDB file says "Registry key is different of TDB product code"

davesax36

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! I think it's working. I got rid of the whole 1.3 mapset and everything just woke up. This is awesome. I won't bother anyone with this anymore (i hope).

Indrid Cold

Quote from: davesax36 on August 15, 2009, 07:20:48 AM
OK. So mapsettoolkit shows the following for tigerdata :  Products\TigerData -- TDB-- File not Found
Products\Tigerdata -- Bmap -- File not found. Products\Tigerdata -- LOC -- OK.  So it seems that just the tigerdata files that I need to have access to have been deleted or moved or something. Where do I get new ones or should I just click uninstall on those two that are "not found" and try to run stuff again. I was under the impression that the TigerData files were needed to run the various Garmin stuff as well, since that's the error that I am getting.
Just uninstall the TigerData stuff, that's why you keep getting the errors you have reported.